twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is there a email to text service which I can build into my website?

A restaurant requires users to fill in a small booking form and when they click send, instead of it being sent to their email account can it be sent to a mobile as a text?

Is there a email to text service which I can build into my website?
Hello,





(ANS) Although I have many years of computing experience I'm NOT a programmer. But I feel sure that this idea is definitely possible given someone with the right programming skills, I think you would need a custom piece of software in order to achieve your aims.





**The idea itself is a nice one, but the practicalities of getting it to work on a functional level is another problem.





**You need the software to receive the input from the client (i.e. from your website) in a very specific perhaps limited format, so that any software created would then take that user input, convert it into a short text reply that then could be encapsulated into a text format that could be sent over an SMS service.





I think the most important area here in this chain of events is to start with the customers input because with the right user input into the website it wouldn't require hardly any conversion or change inorder to then create a simple SMS response.





**Find a good programmer who is used to such problems as data conversion?





**i don't personally know of any off the shelf software solutions that could provide such functionality.





**If you want any advise about such a service or may be to get help finding a programmer. I can recommend the following company as their core business is all about SMS to email services. They are http://www.a-q.co.uk


or http://www.aql.com





Hope that might be of use?


Best Regards Ivan
Reply:just get them to go on your website from the phone....


No comments:

Post a Comment