twitter




Monday, May 24, 2010

I have registered my c# exe as a webservice in registry of win xp pro.It has email sending service.?

I have registered my c# exe as a web service using instsrv and edited my registry .It has email service in my c# application which connects to a local SMTP service on my machine.However when I start the service it says--


Service started and stopped.Some services have to stop if they are alerts or logs





It is unable to start


can anyone suggest something





Thanks

I have registered my c# exe as a webservice in registry of win xp pro.It has email sending service.?
When a windows service starts and stops like that, it usually means that the program ended. It can either end as intended or it can error out.





Can you make sure that it didn't end properly? Do you have a loop that continues to run? It may have just finished executing.





If there is a loop or other control flow that keeps the program running and it simply errored out, I would check the Windows event log to see if there was any error logged. Additionally, you could put in your own logging logic.


No comments:

Post a Comment